ePilot: Story Starters
Writing adventure, fantasy, science-fiction, or scrambler stories.
Story Starters is a fun, interactive tool that generates writing prompts, which include direction on character, plot, and setting.
Infos zum ePilot-Tipp
|Unterrichtsthema||Creative writing with writing prompts online with computers and iPads.|
|Sprachniveau||A1-A2. You can select four grades of writing prompts, but even „easy“ prompts can motivate to write fascinating stories.|
|Schulstufe||5. – 9.|
|Typ||Arbeitsblatt, Lernmateria, Übung|
|digi.komp||3.1. Dokumentation, Publikation und Präsentation|
3.4. Kommunikation und Kooperation
- First, students choose one of four themes: Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-fi, or Scrambler.
- Then, students type their name and select their grade (4 levels).
- Next, they spin the wheels to generate a random writing assignment.
- Students pick a format for their stories — notebook, letter, newspaper, or postcard. (Students can opt to include a drawing, too.)
- Once they’re finished writing, they can print or download their completed assignment.
Idee zum Unterrichtseinsatz
If you don’t have a 1:1 setting in class with iPads or Notebooks, have teams of two write their stories together. After having practised in class, this may also be a useful tool to set a „surprise“ homework.