"What about you?"
Interviewing each other in a chat or a collaborative pad
Infos zum ePilot-Tipp
|Unterrichtsthema||Interview and text production in a chat.|
|Schulstufe||7. - 12.|
|Sprachniveau||Possible on every language level. You can make your own question sets for your students.|
Projektidee, Übung, Unterrichtsidee
Organise your students in pairs and give them separate question sets. Make them arrange a meeting in Etherpad or in your learning platform (if it offers chat or use a wiki).
Student A interviews student B using the question set 1.
Student B always types "What about you?" at the end of each response.
Student A answers the same questions.
At the end of the interview in the chat they sum up their findings in a collaborative text in etherpad.
Idee zum Unterrichtseinsatz
Question set 1: How much time do you spend online every day?
- What internet browser do you use?
- How many SMS do you send a day?
- Do you have your own website?
- What is your favourite website?
Question set 2: What is your favourite part of the country?
- What is your favourite time of the day?
- What is your favourite drink?
- What is your favourite meal?
- What is your favourite free-time activity?
When giving feedback, don't just focus on errors. Make sure you point out good uses of language.